Art Commission Contract
This agreement is made the 6th day of February 2017 by and between
Name: Jackie Oliver__________________________________ (Artist)
Address: 16 Chapman Close, Radford Semele CV31 1TT
Phone: 07960605355 E-mail: [email protected]
Name: Mr and Mrs Anon________________________________ (Client)
The parties agree as follows:
- The Project: The Client is commissioning a colour acrylic painting created by the Artist from photographs provided by the client. Subject matter are bride and groom at Wroxall Abbey and will be painted on an 45cm x 35cm canvas board to be completed no later than 31st May 2017. Preliminary drawings and enlargements of photographs will be included in the final price.
- Returning of the Client’s property: Further to any agreement between the Client and the Artist any items borrowed belonging to the Client will be returned in the same condition as when they were lent to the Artist (e.g original photographs).
- Cancellation of the Contract by the Client: Cancellation fees are due based on the amount of work completed. Seventy five percent (75%) of the total fee is due within 30 days of written notification to the Artist that for any reason the job is cancelled before the final stage. One hundred percent (100%) of the total fee is due despite cancellation of the job if the art has been completed. Upon cancellation all rights to the art revert to the Artist and all original art must be returned, including sketches, compositions or other preliminary materials.
- Cancellation of the Contract by the Artist: If the Artist cannot complete the contract and has no alternative but to cancel, any monies paid to the Artist by the Client are returnable.
- Copyright: Artist reserves the common-law copyright to all works commissioned by Client that are created by the Artist, including all reproduction rights and the right to claim statutory copyright. No work may be reproduced by Client without the prior written approval of the Artist.
- Payment Amounts: Fees/selling price will be decided by the parties per individual artwork. Fee will be based upon canvas size and complexity of work and will be consistent with other comparable works by the Artist at the time of commission. Parties will agree to price in writing prior to the commencement of each artwork. Painting sizes will be mutually determined by the Artist and Client.
- Payment Terms: A non-returnable deposit of 50% of the selling price is required before work commences. Payment in full is due upon receipt of artwork(s). A receipt will be provided to the Client.
- Legal Fees: In any proceeding to enforce any part of this contract, the aggrieved party shall be entitled to reasonable legal fees in addition to any available remedy.
Artwork Medium Size Price Date Initial of Client A.N
Painting Acrylic 45cm x 35cm £350.00 6/2/2017 Artist J.O
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the parties hereto have executed this Agreement on the day and year written above. I agree to the terms of the contract provided
Artist Jackie Oliver
Client Mr and Mrs Anon
Company details – contact – Jackie Oliver, Elloby Arts, [email protected], 07960605355, 16 Chapman Close, Warwickshire CV31 1TT.